On this episode of the Body Wisdom podcast we learn why you have to feel to heal.
Holistic Nutrition Expert and Frequency Alchemist, Shana Ekedal is an educator and a trailblazer in the area of mind, body, and spirit wellness. She is the host of Be Well Live a live interactive online show featuring thought leaders in the health, wellness, and personal development space.
Her deepest purpose is to release people from the fears, doubts and insecurities, so they can live healthy and be fully present to their own creativity, access their gifts, and share them powerfully with the world. Shana has coached and transformed the lives of public figures, stars of stage and screen, and CEOs helping them heal their bodies, affect positive change in their businesses and experience more personal fulfillment.
Her proprietary method for getting to the root cause is cutting edge and creates a shift in consciousness and behavior. Shana holds a Bachelor of Science in Interpersonal Communication and her formal training includes nutritional science, psychology, energetic frequency and spirituality. She has been published in the Journal of Nonverbal Communication and is a featured contributor for Awareness Magazine.
She was awarded the James I. Brown Award from the Institute for Study of Intrapersonal Processes. She has been a featured guest on many podcasts and health summits as well as delivering keynote addresses at colleges, corporate functions, and public events. She will be releasing her first book in 2017.
Main Questions Asked:
- How did you get started in the work you are doing?
- Shana was born a very sensitive child and it took some time before you understood how she viewed the world compared to other people.
- We all have the idea of the dream life, Shana tried to follow the normal path to a dream life which lead her in the wrong direction.
- Shana’s body started breaking down which she promptly ignored, trying to ignore the reality of what was happening. After being diagnosed with skin cancer on the bridge of her nose, she knew she had to reevaluate the way she was living her life.
- We often look to natural healing solutions when faced with issues that traditional life and methods can’t solve.
- Shana decided to open up herself to who she really was and get in tune with her ability to feel energy and help people get aligned.
- We should start working on these things before we get sick.
- Can you tell us what it means to be a holistic nutrition expert versus a traditional nutritionist?
- A traditional nutritionist focuses mainly on food.
- A holistic nutrition expert can look at multiple areas of someone’s life and how their are being affected physically.
- Our internal monologue can be shaped by childhood experiences and parental teachings and it can really prevent your ability to heal properly.
- We often become disconnected from our truth, before the body manifests a physical disease it can often be found energetically first.
- It’s important to be excited about our lives, excitement is an important part of being healthy.
- There are patterns in family systems, sometimes unconscious.
- Doing work on yourself takes courage and can help break negative patterns.
- Only approaching food doesn’t solve issue at the root cause, dealing with the root of a problem is a long term solution.
- How can we teach someone to do a cleanse and get long term results?
- You have to give your body a break from processed foods and environmental toxins.
- Most issues come down to the same root causes and cleansing is a great way to improve your health.
- The body detoxification system will eventually get overwhelmed after reaching a tipping point in your life after always being exposed to stresses and toxins.
- Cleansing a few times a year and flooding the body with nutrients is a good plan.
- The body needs very specific nutrients to get through a detoxification process.
- We are either putting things into our body that age it in reverse or we are putting things in that are aging our body’s faster than they should.
- Nothing is more empowering than realizing you have the ability to change your own body for the better. The body is a miraculous healer when given the chance.
- You have to listen to the cues your body gives you.
- What tips can you give to beginners?
- Don’t shock your system, take gradient steps towards good health.
- The more good stuff you put into your body, the less the bad foods will be enjoyable.
- Work into it and take it at your own pace, start slowly and build into a better life.
- Eat foods that are filled with nutrients during a cleanse, it’s ok to not go cold turkey during a cleanse.
Here is the link to the free gift for all you listeners – “Crave: No-Guilt Junk Food Recipe Book” http://craverecipebook.com
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/shanaekedalinc