This week on the Body Wisdom podcast, Dr. Michele interviews Nitin Chhoda on how to live a more balanced, active life.
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT began his entrepreneurial journey at the age of 14, when he sold bottled coca cola (before they had them in cans), and returned the bottles back to the store to earn back the deposit.
He was an immigrant who arrived in the US penniless in 2002, in a post 9-11 world. Delivered pizza, slept in his car, and didn’t have money for winter clothes, but always a hustler.
He became a licensed physical therapist, entrepreneur, author and public speaker in 2007. He now owns and runs several multi-million dollar companies with 30+ employees worldwide. Nitin is living the “American Dream”.
As a licensed physical therapist, Nitin is co-owner of an industry-leading electronic medical records software, In Touch EMR (www.intouchemr.com), which offers scheduling, clinical documentation, billing, practice management and referral generation modules for physical therapists.
Nitin is also the author of “Total Activation: The 5 Step Fitness Mantra” (available on Amazon). It is a dynamic new approach to weight loss and personal wellness. It is a system modeled in three stages of change: Identity, Compare, and Integrate (ICI) which has 5 components: Emotional, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual (EPSSI).
In connection, Nitin has created a skincare and nutrition line – products that work in synergy to activate the best version of you (www.totalactivation.com). Since its launch in April 2014, the team has grown and the nutrition and skincare products have been purchased by thousands of customers. Having lived in the east and the west, Total Activation was created out of a need Nitin and his wife, Ritika, had in their own lives, to effectively merge skincare and nutrition for the ‘best you’.
From being a penniless immigrant to a licensed physical therapist who earns his millions mainly through entrepreneurship in just 15 years, Nitin has shown resilience and hard work actually pays off.
Main Questions Asked:
- Could you tell us what led you to becoming a physical therapist and consequently an entrepreneur?
- Could you tell us more about your total activation philosophy?
- Avoid “energy vampires”. Surround yourself with people who motivate you and make you happy and vice versa.
- The brain is capable of rewiring itself at any age.
- What is your stance on supplements?
- You do not need supplements unless you aren’t able to get the nutrients from the food in your diet.
- Can you give us a little insight on some of the things you recommend people do to have healthy hair skin and nails?
- The more natural, raw, and unprocessed food you consume the better.
- Use skincare products that are as natural as possible and avoid putting chemicals on your body.
- Do you have any products specifically for nails?
- Can you explain your philosophy on “paying it forward”?
- “Paying it forward” starts with being as humble and as kind as possible in any situation, and also being a good mentor.
- Do you have any parenting advice for me? (Nitin asking Michelle)
- Really listen to your kids. Encourage and give them opportunities to explore the things they enjoy.
- Do you have any parting guidance or tips to share with the listeners?
- Ask yourselves what you can do to improve your life emotionally, physically, socially, spiritually,and intellectually everyday.
Email for Elaine Villalino, PR Manager: email@example.com