Join Dr. Michele for this episode of the Body Wisdom Podcast as she interviews guest Melanie Benson, discussing how to rewire your mindset for success with ease and grace.
Melanie Benson is an Optimizer and has a gift for guiding fast-paced, mission-driven entrepreneurs to thrive in their small business. Melanie is a revenue strategist –uncovering what derails you from productivity and progress – ultimately freeing you to scale your influence and income without overwhelm.
Melanie is the author of Rewired for Wealth, founder of MoneyDNA, co-author of Entrepreneur.com’s Start Up Guide to Starting an Information Marketing Business and has her success tips featured in magazines such as American Express OPEN Forum, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Woman’s Day, Parenting Magazine, and University of Phoenix Alumni Magazine.
She is on the Executive Team for the Women Speaker’s Association as well as is Council Chair for the Association of Transformational Leaders. Melanie is a proud lifestyle enthusiast and spends her free time in search of the best spas and beaches in the world.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is mindset and how does it factor into someone’s level of success?
- Your mindset is the collection of thoughts and beliefs you hold in your mind about nearly every aspect of your life.
- We often get in our own way by choosing to limit ourselves.
- We are training our mind to be fearful or successful or doubtful, whatever situation you find yourself in.
- You can change your mindset and address the programming from your past.
- How do we break through the fear and doubt?
- You have to decide to commit to something greater than what you’re in right now.
- You have to create new belief systems and a new story if you want to transform your life.
- If your stakes aren’t high enough, you won’t have the motivation to change.
- You have to identify the beliefs that are holding you back. Flip your thoughts to the opposite.
- The mind is powerful but it responds to what you are programming it for. You can teach your mind new thoughts.
- There are usually three basic blocks, a limitation tied to a wound or painful event in your life, fear, and inner conflict.
- How does health and well-being tie into mindset?
- Your body responds physically to a scarcity mindset and can lead to feeling burnt out, increased stress, and other illnesses.
- Your body will protect itself by forcing you to slow down.
- Not everyone is wired the same, some are more sensitive than others. It’s important to understand what affects you before you suffer from chronic illness.
- If you’re in alignment with your beliefs, your body will follow.
- Fear in itself is not a bad thing, it’s information that you should respond to but it can manifest into anxiety if not addressed.
- Fear can also present as logic, the subconscious mind will propose fear based logic in order to stay the same and stay safe. You can’t grow from a position of fear.
- Commit to the outcome and let go of the how your mind will figure out the rest. Activate the magician.
- The more you surround yourself with the energy that you want, the more your new mindset will stick. Avoid being around and immersed in the old paradigm. Spend more time with people who are like the person you are becoming.
Free Book Offer: