Join Dr. Michele for this episode of the Body Wisdom Podcast as she interviews guest Lilia Erlikh-Dergunov, discussing self-love and self-care for your body.
Lilia Erlikh-Dergunov is a Lifestyle Transformational Wellness, Health and Life Coach and a Certified Skin Care Specialist. She helps professional women and men become confident by concentrating on health, looks, emotions, and self-love based on their bio-individual needs.
She is the Owner of Lilia’s Wellness, Skin and Beauty and The Art of Self-love Academy, and the creator of the How to bring your Sexy Back Program. Lilia coaches clients one-on-one locally at her wellness practice in Newington CT, at corporate locations, and nationally via Skype or phone.
She also hosts local group programs as well as workshop presentations on a variety of wellness and lifestyle topics, including Healthy Living, stress management, time management, digestive issues, weight loss, anti-aging, joy, mindset reset, sacred art of self-love, sexual art and more. Lilia is a graduate of The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in NYC as well as Brio Academy of Cosmetology in CT.
Main Questions Asked:
- How did you get started in the work you are doing?
- After Lilia parent’s both got sick and she had to dedicate her life to caring for her family, she also became seriously ill herself. She realized that she neglected her own self care and it was costing her.
- Self care should always be a priority.
- Lilia made a choice to return to herself and take care of her body so that she no longer suffered.
- She discovered a workshop which became her path into integrative nutrition.
- Lilia now teaches men and women how to love and care for themselves through her Self-love Academy.
- Can you tell us about the sacred art of self-love?
- Many people think self-love is selfish and ugly which is not true.
- You have to make yourself a priority, if you don’t make the time for yourself you will feel unfulfilled, unhappy, and can lead to bigger issues like depression.
- Weight gain is not always about food, it’s also about emotions.
- Self-love is taking care of yourself, saying no when it’s important, respect, and not sacrificing yourself for others.
- What are some things we can do if we are struggling with self-love?
- Say thank you to yourself every single day, we always thank others and forget about the good things we do for ourselves.
- Make a video and tell yourself the things that you like about yourself.
- Before you get out of bed, smile to yourself, stretch and say “I love you”.
- What are your morning rituals?
- Lilia smiles and stretches, then brushes her skin in the morning to exfoliate her skin and open up her pores.
- She then drinks warm water with lemon, in the morning you are like a flower in a vase without water. Add water and the flower starts to bloom.
- Prepare yourself an hour before you go to bed. Turn off the electronics, turn down the lights, get calm. Say “I love you” to yourself and you will have a restful sleep.
- What are some tips for taking care of your skin and making the aging process better.
- Your body needs more sleep. Sleep deprivation leads to rapidly aging skin.
- Detoxify your body at least twice a year. Toxins come in from more than your food, they come in from the environment, stress, and your negative thoughts.
- Coconut oil and Almond oil are very effective at protecting your skin.
- Vitamin D is something you get from the sun but you should try to minimize your exposure to the sun and take Vitamin D supplements instead.
- Reduce your stress as much as you can.
- Self massage using natural essential oils are excellent for reducing stress and getting better sleep.
- A lot of women are afraid to talk about sexuality because they are ashamed of themselves. The first step is to unblock the negative emotions you have about yourself.
- Show your body that you love yourself, and your sexuality will return.
- As a society we are generally disconnected from our bodies, we should be taking care our our bodies because they are our homes.
- If you are happy with yourself, you will never be lonely.